So we have to keep them some where else.their are several third-party softwares are available in internet which will help you to do this task.
But in this tutorial we are going to show you how to hide your personal files without any softwares.Yes in this method we are going to convert all your files into an image file.Hiding files in an image file usually called “Steganography“.What happens actually is we just bind the files we want to hide with an image.Therefore the actual files becomes hidden within an image file and hence become more protected,and image functions normally as it should.So lets see how to do this.
First create a new folder anywhere inside your system.And remember its path:
So here I created it in my F: drive and its path is “F:New folder“.
• Now create a new folder in your desktop and copy all the files you want to hide into that folder.
• After that select all those files and compress them with the help of WinRar or WinZip software.
• Cut and paste your compressed folder in the New Folder that we created in Step 1.
• And also copy paste an image to that folder.In this image we are going to hide our files that we compressed.
• Now remember the folder location path and file names.
• Go to start menu and search for command prompt.
• And “Run it as administrator” .
Using command prompt first we are going to navigate to the folder where we kept our compressed file and image file.
So first type “your drive:” in command prompt window and hit “Enter”
And then type: “cd folder-name” and hit “Enter”
Here i kept them in new folder of my F: drive.So am going to type:
first i type my drive “F:”
And then folder path “cd New folder”
In this step we are going to hide our files inside the image.
So type this command carefully
General syntax : “copy /b image name+compressedfile name image name” and hit “Enter”
Since my compressed file name is “myfiles.rar” and image name is “myimage.jpg”.So i will type:
“copy /b myimage.jpg+myfiles.rar myimage.jpg” and hit “Enter”
Yeah..we are done…we successfully hide our files inside the image.
You can check it by looking your image file size.Because it merged with compressed file.So check the size.You can also check it my opening image with WinRar or WinZip.So after checking if we successfully hide our files,then delete original compressed file.
Now how to retrieve your files from that image.
Its easy guys just open that image with WinRar or WinZip.Then you can find your files their.Extract it when you want.