After Windows 10, here come next big launch of another Microsoft product – Microsoft 2016. Yes Microsoft Corp said it began the worldwide roll-out of Office 2016, the latest addition to its cloud-based subscription service Office 365, on Tuesday.
Office 2016 delivers new versions of the Office desktop apps for Windows, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Project, Visio and Access. By subscribing to Office 365, customers can get always-up-to-date, fully installed apps for use across their devices, combined with a continually evolving set of consumer and commercial services, such as OneDrive online storage, Skype for Business, Delve, Yammer and enterprise-grade security features.With the Office 3016 “subscribers can expect to get more frequent updates with new features and improvements.”
Also See : [p2p type=”slug” value=”microsoft-loves-linux-microsoft-developed-a-linux-based-operating-system” attributes=”target=’_blank'”]Microsoft Loves Linux : Microsoft Developed A Linux-Based Operating System[/p2p]
“The way people work has changed dramatically, and that’s why Microsoft is focused on reinventing productivity and business processes for the mobile-first, cloud-first world, These latest innovations take another big step forward in transforming Office from a familiar set of individual productivity apps to a connected set of apps and services designed for modern working, collaboration and teamwork.” — said Satya Nadella, chief executive officer of Microsoft.
- Support for real-time coauthoring in Word, so users can work together on the same document without changing information that’s being used by someone else.
- Skype in-app integration across the rich client apps allows you to IM, screen share, talk or video chat right in your docs.
- Keep teams connected with Office 365 Groups, now available as part of Outlook 2016 and in a new Outlook Groups app on iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Office 365 Groups allows individuals to easily create public or private teams. Each group includes a shared inbox, calendar, cloud storage for group files, and a shared OneNote notebook to keep the team productive.
- Office 365 Planner helps teams organize their work, with the ability to create new plans, organize and assign tasks, set due dates and update status. Planner’s visual dashboards and email notifications help keep everyone informed on the overall progress of their initiative. Planner will be available in preview, to Office 365 First Release customers, starting next quarter.
- Microsoft also made available a private preview of GigJam, a tool that promises to let workgroups collaborate across devices and applications, which Microsoft will add that to the Office 365 mix next year.
- Outlook 2016 provides the smartest inbox yet, delivering lightning fast search, removing low priority mail automatically
- ” Tell Me ” helps you easily and quickly find the right Office feature or command, and Smart Lookup brings insights from the web right into your documents. Previously available only in Office Online, Tell Me and Smart Lookup are now available across the Office 2016 client apps.
- Excel 2016 now includes integrated publishing to Power BI and new modern chart-types to help you make the most of your data.
- he cloud-powered most recently used documents list allows you to pick up right where you left off in seconds, because it travels with you across your devices whether working in Office Online, the mobile apps or in the 2016 client apps.
Also See : [p2p type=”slug” value=”cortana-embarrassed-microsoft-ceo-satya-nadella” attributes=”target=’_blank'”]Cortana Embarrassed Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella During Live Keynote Presentation[/p2p]
According to Microsoft blogpost,together, the new Office and Windows 10 are the most complete solution for doing. The Office 2016 apps run beautifully on the best Windows ever, including the new Sway for Windows 10 to create shareable, interactive stories that look great on any screen. Windows Hello logs you into Windows and Office 365 in one simple step.Office Mobile apps on Windows 10 empower on-the-go productivity, and work with Continuum, so you can use your phone like a PC. Cortana connects with Office 365 to help with tasks such as meeting preparation, with Outlook integration coming in November.
Also See : [p2p type=”slug” value=”7-excel-tricks-probably-you-dont-know” attributes=”target=’_blank'”]7 Essential Excel Tricks Probably You Don’t Know About[/p2p]