As one of the world’s largest online selling platforms, Amazon provides many different products for its customers. And at some point, you have probably met the term Renewed in the marketplace.
It’s the marketplace’s program where clients can find refurbished items and pre-owned goods from famous brands at attractive prices.
This blog post will explain what Amazon Renewed is and how it works. We will also examine the main benefits of shopping with this program and why sellers should consider using it.
Keep reading to learn more!
What Is Amazon Renewed?
It is an Amazon solution developed to help you move like-new items to AMZ customers across the globe. It includes those goods that have been refurbished, repaired, and tested to ensure they function like new. Refurbishment usually includes a diagnostic test, substitution of deficient parts, fine inspection and cleaning, and repackaging if necessary.
It’s an excellent opportunity to expand your business on AMZ! Here’s why:
- Increase recovery rate for returned goods and earn more revenue.
- Appeal to a more extensive, more value-conscious client base.
- Boost product exposure via complimentary AMZ Renewed marketing drivers.
Goods from the following categories may be considered for sale with this program:
- Power Tools
- Kitchen Appliances
- Personal Computers
- Video Game Consoles
Please refer to the AMZ Renewed program policies on the website for a complete list of items allowed for sale.
Amazon Renewed: Product Categories
There are three main types of “used” items on the Amazon Renewed program:
- Open-box: Those are unused items with an open package. We have all purchased a product that didn’t meet our expectations and that we ended up being too lazy to return. So, why not benefit from it?
- Pre-owned: Still probably used. These products tend to be more satisfactory than refurbished products and thus have a long service life.
- Refurbished: Such items may have been flawed. In this case, the merchant should fix the goods. Another reason might be that the client did not need the item anymore by the time they received it and chose to return it.
Amazon Renewed: Requirement to Participate
You will need to meet the below criteria to become part of this solution:
- You must be a registered AMZ merchant with an Order Defect Rate of less than 0.8% and more than 70 orders within the previous 3 months.
- Provide information about your experience in providing refurbished goods, like sales data.