Good option! Although Cart2Cart can handle both Shopify stock management and WooCommerce inventory management, Shopify is rated higher than WooCommerce in numerous locations.
And it’s perfect for little to medium merchants, with the abilities to grow together with your company. It can be a really complicated procedure when moving your whole company from WooCommerce to Shopify.
I’ve broken this guide into 3 sections:
- Redirect URLs
These are the 3 components that you need to be concerned about when you choose to move. Is time and effort a concern for you? No problem, I’ve included a couple of paid faster ways that can make the entire procedure a lot easier.
Before we started, here’s the manual way first. It’s more time consuming, however less costly of course. We’ll look at how to by hand export all of your products from WooCommerce and then import them into Shopify.
Manual Product Export
Head to the WooCommerce tab on your WordPress admin panel.
Then CSV Import Suite – Export Products.
You have the option to export simply the products, or item variations here. This is purely based upon whether you have various sizes or colours for your items.
In regards to what the following fields imply above:
- Limitation – How many are you seeking to export?
- Offset – The row where the export starts, if you have space above or a row of the field names
- Columns – Only wish to export particular columns? Pick those here
- Consist of hidden metadata – Enable this if you want to reveal metadata for your products (title, description etc).
- Limit to moms and dad ID( s) – Only wish to export certain variations fro products. Go into the ID of each product, separated by a comma.
- When you have actually exported your items, you will then require to arrange them so that the fields are applicable to Shopify. Here is the design template csv to download.
Have a glance at that csv and acquaint yourself prior to proceeding.
Things to keep in mind:
- If you are unsure as to what Shopify’s needed fields imply then have a look at their documents here.
- You just require to submit 2 metafields unless you’ve submitted your items for Google Shopping.
- Have items with variants? Place a new line under your item and simply just avoid the Title and HTML fields.
Seeking to import your consumers orders from your previous platform? It’s definitely a great concept to do so. Reason being, you will wish to keep info on consumers and their buying routines, so you can retarget and upsell to them on your new platform.
Sadly, there’s no other way to by hand importing orders into Shopify and it has to be done through a 3rd party app. It will cost you, however there are some terrific apps which take the discomfort out of the situation.
The same goes for exporting items from WooCommerce. They understand that you are either relocating to another platform, or you’ll need it for a third party system, so understandably it comes at an expense.
- Automatic Product Export.There are a number of WooCommerce order export plugins offered. The following rates are based on single site exports:.
- Merely Order Export – $18.
- Store Exporter Deluxe – $35.
- Order/Customer CSV Exporter – $79.
The mid priced Store Exporter Deluxe remains in my viewpoint, the best option. It offers some additionals that the others don’t, such as:.
- All exported orders will include a time period (e.g today, yesterday etc).
- Filter orders by cancelled or reimbursed.
- Permits you to attribute numerous product orders to clients.
- Export separately or in bulk.
- Automatic Product Import.
This is a vital part when you are aiming to switch platforms. Why? If you alter a link, you risk losing past consumers who have bookmarked your pages. In addition if you have any external links pointing to your pages these will be impacted.
URL redirection then, is a technique for making a web page direct a visitor to a brand-new URL address. Once again there is a long and brief way around this, starting with the long way.
- Handbook Redirects. The terrific thing about Shopify is you can set redirects within the admin panel.
- Bulk Upload Redirects. An app like Traffic Control is a great method of bulk submitting URLs. If your previous website had a lot of URLs, this is a terrific method of conserving time as it will immediately redirect to them to a new URL.
Additionally the app will track all 404 errors in real-time and fix instantly with a redirect.
So that’s how you migrate from WooCommerce to Shopify.