Like to create your own music, but can’t afford any bulky musical instruments.? Don’t worry, if you are owning an iPhone or iPad will solve your problem.
Yes, with an iPad or iPhone you can start a band without spending hefty amounts on those musical instruments. Instead of those instruments, there are a handful of iOS apps for musicians are available in the App Store to help you with music creation.
It doesn’t matter, if you are a pro or novice or just a music enthusiast, with these music apps for iOS, you can easily tune your own beats and even produce a whole song or background score. These apps are your on to go music creation studio.
Here are the best iOS apps for musicians. It would be better if you try all these apps on the iPad because large screen provides more freedom and ease of use else you can go with the iPhone.
Best iOS apps for musicians:
GarageBand is an in-house application of Apple, so it is available for both Mac and iOS. Mostly GarageBand is pre-installed with every iPad and iPhone. It turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio. With live loops feature anyone can make music like a DJ. You can also download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library.
- Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard.
- Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects.
- Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive.
- Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Medly — another helpful music app for iOS that takes a new approach to the way music is made, letting both seasoned and new musicians make epic music. With Medly you can start off with 16 free instruments and 100 loops.
- Medly breaks up your song into Sections that you can easily pick up, move, delete, copy, and link together to make loops.
- You can use up to 24 instrument tracks.
- Quickly upload your song to SoundCloud, or share it as a video, audio, MIDI, or Medly file.
- Mix and customize your sounds using built-in effects and filters.
3. Yousician – Your Music Teacher
Yousician is the iOS app for upcoming musicians. It’s like a personal music tutor for the digital age. With the help of this app, you can easily play and master the piano, guitar, bass or ukulele. The app listens to you play and gives instant feedback on your accuracy and timing. This is perfect music of iPad and iPhone that will help musicians of all levels improve, from complete beginners to professionals.
- Step-by-step video tutorials guide you through each lesson.
- Over 1,500 missions & exercises, with hundreds of videos, covering all the skills you need.
- Also teaches you music theory and Includes special trainers for each skill & chord.
- It is perfectly suited for self-learning or as a supplement to learning with a teacher.
Writr — a must-have app for a songwriter or poet. It is fast rhyme assistance where you can search find appropriate rhymes for your new song.
- Can search in multiple languages.
- Fast search for any word to get instant rhyme results.
5. The Snail
The Snail is an advanced audio analysis and instrument tuning application for iPhone. App uses a snail grid to visualize root note and overtone structures of an incoming sound very precisely via the integrated iPhone microphone. The Snail is based on newly developed audio technology making instrument tuning easy and audio analysis musical and fun to watch.
- Precise audio analysis and instrument tuning in two modes.
- Snail view for a sophisticated visual representation of root note and overtone structures.
- Tuner view to tune instruments and to control pitches of voices and other sources.
- Fast access guitar tuning (GT) mode.
- Split window settings menu.
- Visual gain and mic gain controllers.
- Many customizable parameters like tuning reference, frequency tracking and audio window size.
Suggester is a tool to assist in the creation of songs and chord progressions. This app will help you find chords that work together. Simply touch a chord to hear what it sounds like. Press the play button to hear the chord progression sequentially and adjust the playback speed.
- You can trigger chords through the MIDI input.
- Available instruments: Instruments: Piano, Electric Piano, Strings, Guitar.
- Extremely useful in jam sessions.
- Compatible with AudioBus 3.
- Compatible with Ableton Link.
- Optimized for Retina Display.
7. Music Memos
Music Memos — another one of the iOS apps for musicians developed by Apple. Music Memos is the easiest way for songwriters to capture and organize new musical ideas. Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to record acoustic guitar, piano, voice, or any musical instrument as high-quality, uncompressed audio. Music Memos automatically detects your tempo, rhythmic feel and chords and lets you instantly hear your musical idea accompanied by a rhythm section with realistic drums and bass.
- Easily record any musical idea using a simple interface.
- Adjust the groove and sound of the drum or bass using simple and intuitive controls to hear your song idea in different ways.
- Tag your song ideas to help you find them later using keywords like verse, chorus, mellow, energetic, or add your own custom tags.
- Automatically analyzes the music you played and displays musical measures and suggested chord names.
- Quickly open your idea in GarageBand for iOS to add more instruments and keep building your song.
Pitchronome is a Tuner, Metronome, and Drone — simple and beautiful all-in-one practice tool. It is the perfect app for tuning your guitar, practising your cello, or singing that high note at just the right time.
- Fast, accurate, unique tuner.
- Four metronome sounds are available.
- The Metronome & Pitch Generator work at the same time.
SoundForest is a mini music maker that allows you to instantly compose a song using a collection of musical creatures. Compose a loop by tapping animal instruments and mix them into a hypnotic tune.
- Instantly compose awesome music loops
- 160 elements, each a unique music note
- 4 musical environments (SoundForest, ElectroJungle, SynthSavanna, EchoOcean)
- 6 pitch levels for each music note
- Make a quick loop or compose a mini song
- Endless song possibilities
10. Simply Piano by JoyTunes
Simply Piano is a fast and fun way to learn piano, from beginner to pro. Works with any piano or keyboard. Chosen as one of the best iPhone apps for musicians.
- Includes courses for different musical tastes and playing levels.
- Learn the basics step-by-step from reading sheet music to playing with both hands.
- Personalized 5-Min Workouts ensuring you progress fast and always succeed.
- Suitable for all ages, no previous knowledge required to learn piano.