Investments of companies in powerful artificial intelligence technologies such as neural networks, deep learning, and virtual simulators could spark a digital revolution in both manufacturing and customer service. At first glance, chatbots do not seem like progressive technology: they do not look like real interlocutors. However, technology is evolving, mostly behind the scenes.
Micro-Innovation and Global Change
A new player in the market — chatbot services — provides companies with a huge potential for learning and development in real conditions. Human behavior in the digital world can change forever. Instead of opening a search engine, going to a website with a weather forecast, and choosing your city, you just need to use a chatbot. It will instantly give you an accurate forecast for your location on a simple verbal or written request. Imagine finding court documents, scheduling your monthly business meetings, and providing the right feedback to your clients would be just as easy.
It is impossible to predict exactly how and at what time chatbots will change communications. However, we can already provide examples of their potential business benefits:
- Full-scale customer service: Chatbots can completely replace the customer service department. Instead of directly interacting with consumers, employees will optimize the chatbot and connect only when needed.
- Improving customer base analysis: In addition to increasing the number of shoppers, chatbots can collect essential data to personalize the buying process further and optimize product development.
- Improving the competitiveness of small businesses: Thanks to cloud technology and remote services, small businesses have gained access to resources that large businesses have been using for many years, such as video conferencing and big data analytics. Likewise, delegating routine tasks to chatbots will enable staff to perform strategic business functions, accelerating company growth.
- A new way to search: Finding information in a string or drop-down list will be a thing of the past, giving way to conversational interfaces. Companies will be able to use the responses they receive to increase the speed of their websites. The effect will be similar to the transition from “likes” to more detailed “emoticons”. We are entering an era when just “like” is not enough for human online communication.
- Personalization of marketing and sales: Dialogue creates a sense of closer connection and improves customer relationships. Marketing and sales teams will benefit from campaigns to increase customer loyalty and drive out competitors.
Imagine a world where communicating with a company online is as easy as communicating with a friend or family member. Chatbots will pave the way for the further development of artificial intelligence. They will streamline autonomous vehicle management, change the way people find jobs, and become part of a new, human-like digital ecosystem.
This technology is developing fast enough to be interesting for businesses and individuals. Perhaps very soon, you will be chatting about the weather with a chatbot like an old friend.