Video games are becoming an indispensable part of students’ lives. They find respite from the daily routine of studies and work in games. There are several games for students and most of them are multiplayer. Pandemic has brought people even closer to games and gadgets. People are stuck at home and look desperately for an activity or socialization. More so for students who have no schools or universities to attend.
The impact of gadgets and games has far-reaching effects on students. Technology has altered lifestyle and habits drastically. While there are certain bad impacts, there could also be good ones. You can read free essay examples of video games like argumentative essays about video games for college to broaden your horizon regarding the matter. While an excessive inclination towards games and other apps can lead to severe consequences, a moderate dose of entertainment is not harmful. In fact, qualities that make a good gamer can help students get better jobs in the future.
Helps in Studying
Accessing any text these days has become extremely easy, and thanks to technology. You can use your mobile, laptop, or tablet to download any book and begin learning. Now you need not spend dollars on expensive textbooks for writing your research paper. Almost all are accessible on the internet. It gives an equal opportunity to students all over the world and from all economic backgrounds to pursue their careers and interests.
Besides that, one can also watch lectures and take part in seminars from any part of the world. Students from all over the planet send their papers and present them at international academic conferences and educational institutions. Gadgets have led to broadening the scope of studies and research opening up a neutral portal where all students can take part equally.
Video Games Develop Certain Skills
According to the American Psychological Association, almost 90% of American teens play video games. And we do not need to elaborate on the concerns that it raises among teachers and parents. However, there can be certain good effects of playing games and it is time that elders try to accept that and let students build on those skills. Some of the impacts that it has are:
- Certain games help students develop their visual-spatial skills. Games like Minecraft and Pokemon Go involve players in navigation and over time, one acquires an aptitude for such activity in practical life.
- Video games come with challenges and can enhance a kid’s problem-solving skills. Since there are levels in these games, it trains the mind systematically.
- Students hardly have a social life these days and can lose touch with socialization. Games help them build bonds with other people and polish those skills.
- Multiplayer games require kids to cooperate with other people and this can be beneficial in their everyday life as well as when they go out in search of a job. Video games create an environment where you must cooperate or you lose. It’s a fun way to understand the value of teamwork.
- Video games can make a child extremely creative and imaginative. Geniuses like Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, and other developers have confessed to have derived their aspirations and ideas from video games. In fact, Zuckerberg still loves to play games.
- They can also sharpen your memory and make you quick-witted because you cannot afford to be a slow thinker in games.
- Video gaming is not entirely futile when it comes to a career. Although the chances are sparse as of now, a brilliant gamer may become a professional one and earn millions of dollars. He/she may also venture into the field of animation and game development.
Thus, there are certain skills that gadgets and games can instill in students. However, they must strive to incorporate these skills in practical life, and only then can they make true use of their talents and bring out the best. Certain jobs are also considering gaming achievements to be a criterion of selection.
Nothing in moderation is bad, and therefore it is not a great idea to keep students entirely away from gadgets or video games. As long as one can make sure that gaming does not become an addiction, it can not only be a good leisure activity but also prepare you for practical situations ahead.