To successfully outsource software development, you need to understand the intricacies of this process from start to finish. Trusting another company to develop software and achieve desired results is an important decision, especially when the success of your business depends on it.
This article will help you find the right outsourcing software development company for your business needs. After reading this article, you will know all the major benefits and risks of it outsourcing software development.
- 1 What is Outsource Software Development?
- 2 Outsourcing Software Development Pros and Cons
- 3 How Much Does It Cost to Outsource Software Development
- 4 Best Practices of Outsourcing Software Development
- 5 In-House vs Outsourcing Software Development
- 6 Why Partner Up With ARTJOKER?
What is Outsource Software Development?
Outsource software development is a process when an organization contracts with a third party to develop custom software solution. Outsourcing software development decentralizes application development and eliminates the shortage of specialists for many startups and enterprises. Before we move on to the advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing software development, you should know that, typically, businesses hire outsourced specialists to perform routine tasks, it helps save the time of the in-house developers to perform strategic tasks.
Outsourcing Software Development Pros and Cons
Enterprises around the world are turning to software outsourcing services for a variety of reasons. Let’s take a look at the main outsourcing software development pros and cons.
Why do many enterprises outsource application development? It is safe to say that by choosing outsourcing software development, you will not need to rent office space, create development infrastructure and assemble a professional development team. Outsourcing will speed up the software development process and make it more cost-effective than developing in-house. So let’s look at the advantages of outsourcing software development.
- Cost savings.
- Bring innovation to your in-house team faster without losing time or efficiency.
- Easy scaling process.
- Outsourced developers can work on routine tasks while your in-house employees continue to focus on core activities.
- Experienced outsourced developers at ARTJOKER will increase the efficiency of your business, and offer innovative ideas for mobile app development.
Outsourcing comes with certain disadvantages and risks, which you should think about in advance, before you start looking for an outsourcing company.
- Problems with keeping your intellectual property safe.
- Possible issues with fast communication.
- There is a risk that you will not find suitable candidates to develop your project.
- Less control than with in-house developers.
- Hidden outgoings.
How Much Does It Cost to Outsource Software Development
Each outsourcing company has its cost to outsource software development. The cost of outsourced development depends on various parameters and circumstances, including the region of the company, the complexity of the application, and the number of functions required. If you decide to hire outsourced developers in the USA, it will cost you about $50-100 for a junior developer and $140-200 per hour for a senior developer. If you are interested in affordable outsourcing services, you should choose https://artjoker.net/ as your software development company in the USA.
Best Practices of Outsourcing Software Development
Let’s look at the best practices in outsourced software development.
- Use the latest technology to improve collaboration and coordination.
- Quality assurance, measuring development progress, results, and performance.
- Use the cloud technology.
- Implement RPA to automate business processes, reduce risks, and optimize the entire product development process.
- Focus on talent rather than cost.
In-House vs Outsourcing Software Development
Now we will look at the main pros and cons of in-house and outsourced software development.
Advantages of In-house Software Development
- Hand-picked development team.
- Better collaboration.
- Increased security and confidentiality.
- You have the highest level of control over product vision and direction.
Disadvantages of In-house Software Development
- The cost of building an in-house team is high.
- Scaling your team will be expensive.
- Difficult to find the competent developers.
Advantages of Outsourcing Software Development
- Quick access to high-quality talents worldwide.
- Saves time and costs.
- You can easily change the skill set.
- Scale your team easily.
Disadvantages of Outsourcing Software Development
- Different time zones.
- Less control.
- Transparency and security issues.
Why Partner Up With ARTJOKER?
Our professional outsourcing team uses modern development methods to create high-performance and reliable applications, that’s why turning to us is the best way to outsource software development.
With many years of experience, we help enterprises solve problems of any complexity, from planning to the development and release of full-scale applications.
We ensure reliability and transparency of application development throughout the entire development process. We continuously provide our customers with up-to-date data on the progress of application development.
Full Range of Services
We offer startups and large enterprises a complete team of outsourced specialists, including experienced programmers, project managers, QA engineers, and IT consultants.
Now you know the best practices and trends in outsourced software development, how much outsourcing costs, as well as its advantages and disadvantages. Enterprises typically outsource day-to-day tasks that are not part of the company’s core business. By outsourcing application development, you can focus your team’s efforts on core activities. ARTJOKER has been providing outsourcing services to clients since 2006 and will gladly assist you with your project.