In today’s world, it’s more important than ever to stand out at trade shows. As more and more companies enter the market, you need to ensure that you’re creating a memorable experience for your clients – one that will keep them coming back for more.
Even if your product or service is fantastic, it can be hard to convince people to invest in something they’ve never heard of before. But with the right kind and well-built trade show booths, you can make sure potential customers walk away with an impression of your brand that they’ll remember long after the event is over.
Here are three ways technology can help increase the ROI of your trade show booth:
Improve Customer Experience
One of the best ways to improve the customer experience at trade shows is by using technology. There are a variety of different technologies that can be used for this purpose, but some of them include:
- Social media integration: Social media is a great way to increase engagement with your customers. It also helps you connect with them on a deeper level and allows you to build relationships before, during, and after the event.
- Interactive displays: Interactive displays allow visitors to interact with your brand in ways that they otherwise wouldn’t be able to do. They get to see what it’s like before they purchase anything, which increases their interest in purchasing from you down the line.
- Mobile apps: Mobile apps are another way that you can improve the customer experience at trade shows because they allow participants to learn more about your company while they’re there without having to wait until later when they get home or back into their office space where computers are located (which most likely won’t have internet access). In a recent survey, it was found that nearly half (48%) of small businesses have an app in 2022, up from 32% in 2021, indicating the popularity of mobile apps. The top two reasons small businesses have for creating a mobile app are to enhance customer service (19%) and promote branding initiatives (19%).
Technology Can Amplify Your Message
If you’ve ever been to a trade show, you know how much time and effort goes into making sure that your company’s message is conveyed clearly and in a way that will make people stop and listen. One of the most effective ways to ensure that happens is through the use of technology.
First, let’s look at some of the ways technology can help amplify your message:
- Digital Signage: This is an easy way to get your message across on a large scale. If you’re lucky enough to have enough space in your booth, it’s also possible to create custom content for specific areas of the booth or even for specific attendees.
- Live Streaming: You can stream live video directly from your booth and make it available on social media channels for others who weren’t able to attend the show itself. This gives those who aren’t there a glimpse into what took place during the event and helps them feel like they were there.
- Social Media Content Sharing: This is another great way to get information out about what happened during your event without having to rely solely on traditional outlets such as newspapers or television news shows which may not cover smaller events.
Collect and Act on Data From the Event
Collecting and acting on data from the event is one of the best ways to make sure your trade show is as successful as possible. In fact, businesses that prioritize data get an average annual revenue increase of 5.32% as a result of better data use.
1. It Helps You Plan Better for Future Events
Trade shows are a lot like any other business venture: you have to spend time and money to see results, but you have no idea if it will pay off until after it’s over. You might think that this makes it hard to make decisions about what kinds of trade shows to attend or how many people to send along with you, but in reality, collecting data from each event can help you make these decisions much more easily.
2. It Helps You Understand Your Audience Better
One of the most important things about any business is knowing who its customers are – and what kind of message resonates with them. Understanding how people respond to different approaches and messages is essential for making sure every trade show gets maximum ROI.
Trade shows are an effective way to reach your target audience, but they can also be expensive. As per the Center for Exhibition Industry Research, 82% of visitors at trade shows are able to make purchases. In other words, not only do one in two attendees desire to buy anything, but the majority of them, or four out of five, have the means to do so. This means a massive opportunity for businesses to capture and convert potential customers into loyal ones.
That’s why we believe that technology can help increase your ability to reach more people and help you engage with customers in real-time. With these three ways, you can make sure that your trade show will be a success and give you an ROI that will make all the effort worth it.