What online conferencing tools are best for remote education?
Students choose remote education for many reasons: for some of them it is not convenient to travel to college due to the large distance, some fail to stick to the traditional schedule because of work. There are people with disabilities and those who have classes at one discipline but also want to get access to another one. Different programs for distance learning and especially video conferencing tools help to go beyond the reach of traditional college classrooms. Now higher educational institutions are intensively using video to engage students to take part in the process remotely and also extend a pool of attendees.
Top video tools for e-learning
In addition to already proved resources like writingpapersucks.com that observe different writing agencies hired to provide college essay writing help, there are also many useful video conferencing tools. They help not only bring efficiency to the learning process but also exchange updates of administrative purpose, hold meetings between lecturers and parents and organize training sessions for college staff. But these are not the only benefits of video conferencing instruments for the education field.
The true value and power of such solutions lie in the capacity to provide the audience with interactive features, visuals, and real-time communication. The most popular basic programs are Google Hangouts and Skype, both of which are easy in use and offering multiple helpful features. But if you are looking for advanced alternatives for all types of educational institutions, there are some specific tools for video meetings with extended educational functionalities:
- Weje — a virtual whiteboard for anyone and different purposes. Use it to collaborate with team and friends, for work, online education and personal purposes.
- Blackboard Collaborate — This software offers two-way VoIP, video, phone built-in conferencing feature, whiteboard, and desktop sharing. With its help teachers and students can join a conferencing session anytime via laptop or smartphone, use podcasts, create voice presentations, record their feedback and perform asynchronous training processes;
- Anymeeting — This tool provides both free and cost-effective video meetings and webinar solutions with up to 200 attendees. It allows to build custom registration forms with email invitation campaign, hold public or one-to-one meetings, share information on your screen and upload documents to your laptop;
- Newrow — This is a popular virtual classroom representation for teachers aimed at holding online classes, courses, and academic webinars through the entirely branded platform. All of them are only online-based, without an ability to download or install. It offers such tools for collaborative work as content management, video-sharing and presentation holding, cloud recording, making notes in real-time, various quizzes, and even breakout rooms;
- Vedamo — This browser-based portal is created for online private tutoring and can be used without downloading and setting up an account. The features include standard whiteboard, the ability of media and laptop screen sharing. The solution can be easily integrated with Moodle and Canvas;
- Adobe Connect — This is an old program modernized to meet today`s educational needs. Although its web version still requires additional settings, it offers content management options, polls, common whiteboard feature, and also cloud recording. You can also customize the classroom for your needs;
- Big Blue Button — This instrument was probably the first on the market to offer virtual classrooms. It started back in 2007 and two years later transformed into an open-source project offering an option to share files, fifteen webcams at once, whiteboard and integration with major educational systems;
- Wiz IQ — You don`t need to install any extra software, just join the session and use such features as screen sharing, integration of polls and surveys and a code editor which will be especially interesting for students of STEM programs.
Now you are just one step closer to your studies with virtual classrooms giving you a great opportunity to stay focused, interested and engaged in the process. You can take part in high-quality and, what is more important, real-time events, collaborate with others and also get access to all stored information.