Have you ever thought about transforming your company into e-commerce? How much do you comprehend about it to choose about one e-commerce platform or another? Or perhaps you think that some other platform is not satisfied with the unsatisfactory characteristics of the one you previously used.
It’s correct that with the rapid development of e-commerce, the increasing prevalence, and the diversity of platforms, it’s difficult to determine the most trustworthy platform. Nevertheless, when exploring, it’s smart to examine not exclusively for common characteristics however also for those that apply to your particular type of company.
There are numerous purposes why you may require to begin applying Magento as an example of the best e-commerce platforms that have everything you necessitate to organize a flourishing market. You may always turn to Magento support, and they always help you.
Magento – is a world leader among online sales platforms because it was able to formulate a unique combination of characteristics and characteristics, among which we will distinguish 9 points. Let’s take a look at what each one provides you and why an e-commerce platform needs to have these characteristics.
- 1 1. Magento suggests a wide range of functionality in a “boxed” product
- 2 2. Magento is open source
- 3 3. Magento has no subscription fees
- 4 4. Magento has a huge base of modules (paid and free) for any need
- 5 5. Magento has a large community of developers and documentation
- 6 6. Magento is compatible with the main service providers
- 7 7. Magento has the most flexible and deepest customization of the system, catalog, and checkout process
- 8 8. Magento has adaptability for mobile devices
- 9 9. Magento has a strict architecture
1. Magento suggests a wide range of functionality in a “boxed” product
Everything an online store needs without installing additional modules. In other platforms, this functionality is not implemented in basic “boxed” products and requires installation/purchase of additional plugins, or implemented in an inconvenient way (e.g., WordPress, configuring the catalog is made through product cards).
A wide range of functionality:
- Registration and customer personal account,
- Shopping cart, coupons,
- Catalog and product design, etc.
2. Magento is open source
Not all platforms have access to the code.
And Elogic has it.
This limits the ability of programmers to independently extend the functionality and fix bugs, as well as – see next point.
3. Magento has no subscription fees
When the code is closed, it is easy to tie the user to subscription fees (for example – Insales, which has a CMS on the server and works for a fee).
4. Magento has a huge base of modules (paid and free) for any need
For serious and large online stores’ basic functionality is not enough. The leader of the world market, of course, has the most variety of modules with which you may significantly pump the functionality.
5. Magento has a large community of developers and documentation
This point completes the previous one – even if your requests are unique and you will not find a suitable module already developed, you will easily find a developer who will implement your idea.
6. Magento is compatible with the main service providers
Major service providers see Magento as a profitable partner and are sure to develop their own modules for this platform. Such providers as:
- Russian Post,
- Sberbank, etc.
7. Magento has the most flexible and deepest customization of the system, catalog, and checkout process
Filtering and sorting by all (!) product properties – a unique feature of the platform. So is the customization of marketing rules. In general, no one else will give you as many opportunities to work with the catalog or order.
8. Magento has adaptability for mobile devices
All themes are adapted to any screen resolution. And the server does not require additional adaptive design settings for mobile devices.
9. Magento has a strict architecture
Strictly separated the “engine” of the site, its presentation, and controls the interaction between the user interface and the “engine.” This gives increased stability and ease of development and expansion.
There are unquestionable the public who assume that there is nonexistence extraordinary about Magento and that there are e-commerce platforms with identical characteristics. Don’t accept them, Magento is 1 of the classifications and there is no method you can explain it apart from any other platform ere you apply it.
Nevertheless, there are others who find 1001 purposes to support you to practice Magento for the purposes described foregoing.