It happens that we are in such a hurry to find the job of our dreams that we sometimes forget what we were looking for. So, if you scroll through the job search list of vacancies for remote SQL developers, we will tell you how to properly search for offers. Exactly the one you need, which will help realize your creative and professional potential. So, what are the signs of a cool offer that you can see with the naked eye?
The Stated Requirements
If the company is looking for a specialist in the team for a long time, it will be serious about making demands on his responsibilities. That is, 25 requirements will not be prescribed in the vacancy, 15 of which are not related to the main job at all. If the list of requirements shows that they are looking for a specialist rather than an ideal person, this is a good vacancy.
A Motivational Program Is Available
Reputable companies, looking for a new employee, will never make only demands. In the vacancy, they will indicate bonuses and benefits for the employee himself. After all, good cooperation is mutual work. That is, a person is offered a job with further career growth, special benefits, or opportunities.
Specifics, Not Clichés
An employer who respects himself, his time, and other people’s time and resources will never post an empty job ad. For example, talk about a friendly team, an interesting project, or a strong team. He will immediately point out exactly what position a person is needed for and what duties he will have to cope with. Clear, concise, and understandable. Companies that are constantly engaged in the search for specialists know that stamps in vacancies do not attract real professionals who know how to read between the lines.
Placing the Offer on Several Sites
If you came across the same ad on several resources, it means one thing: the company is interested in finding a specialist as soon as possible. That is, they value their time and want to resolve the personnel issue in a business-like manner. So feel free to send your resume.
How to Recognize a Dubious Proposal?
In order not to waste time on vacancies that will not bring you results later, we suggest that you immediately learn the main criteria for dubious offers:
- Vague working conditions. If the offer does not specify what the specialist should do, it means that there is a lot of work waiting for him and it is not a fact that it will be paid accordingly.
- An unclear description of the company’s activities. If you read the vacancy and did not understand what this company does, pass by.
- Paradoxical skill requirements. If, instead of professional requirements, there are some unclear questions of a personal nature in the vacancy, you should not pay attention to such an offer either.
- Non-existent contacts. If you cannot contact the employer using the specified contacts, or the e-mail is in an unknown domain, this may indicate a scam company.
- Free internship for an indefinite period. Most likely, this is one of the companies looking for free labor.
So, to find a really good vacancy, check the information it contains several times. Do not be lazy to find out everything you can about the company, its field of activity. Read reviews from former employees of the company, if possible. And don’t go for anything but work. It is better to wait a certain time than to invest professional and energy resources in a business that will not bring you pleasure and profit. And it will be much more effective to use the period during the job search for self-education, raising awareness, and making new acquaintances. It is better to invest time and effort in yourself than in suspicious companies.