None other than applications have caused an impactful digital transformation that covered the entire globe. This journey has evolved and continues to grow in the future. The OEMs are releasing new and a variety of devices with different browsers at high frequency.
Today we need the applications to have multi-platform support i.e.; it should match a combination of variations like device- browser, OS -browser, browser-browser versions in order to guarantee seamless user experience. So cross browser testing is like salt to develop a high performing application. In this blog, we will discuss the need of cross browser testing in developing applications of these modern times and also discuss how pCloudy, a continuous testing platform delivers high performance cross browser compatibility.
The need of cross browser testing in today’s time
In order to keep pace with the fast-growing app industry, new version browsers are being released to get an edge over the competitors. There are numerous areas where one browser is different from another. Every brand wants to provide a unique experience to its users irrelevant to the device that they are using. This is imperative for providing a good UX. Otherwise the user may switch to the competitor.
Therefore cross browser testing is the most crucial step in developing an application. It must be included in every test cycle to ensure compatibility against all the devices present in the target market.
Essential Elements for Automated Cross Browser testing
A cloud based testing environment:
Parallel testing is crucial for cross browser testing. Testing an application until it meets all the variations of the browser available in the target market needs a set up for parallel testing. What better than a cloud platform that eliminates the high cost and time in setting up a physical lab with complicated networking issues. Testing in a cloud-based environment is just a matter of a few clicks and you are good to go. Also a cloud-based cross browser testing is highly scalable as you can add or remove the devices as per the project requirements. These elements in a testing environment drive the automation effectively for cross browser testing.
Advanced test automation techniques:
For developing applications of today which are highly dynamic in nature, the automation techniques for cross browser testing must be put at place by using advanced automation techniques like rapid automation. The basic selenium web driver or other automation test scripts won’t work for cross browser testing. High end techniques like Artificial intelligence and predictive analytics, and object recognition techniques can help in building more stable test scripts for cross browser testing.
pCloudy a one-stop shop for cross browser testing
pCloudy is a cloud-based continuous testing platform for testing both mobile and desktop web applications. Now list some of the features that provide the end to end testing requirements for cross browser testing.
- Consists of an individual platform for desktop web application testing along with mobile application testing platform with unlimited testing hours. Get all the services under one roof.
- Consists of more than 5000 device browser combinations for mobile applications and more than 2000 device browser combinations for web applications. Hence provides compatibility testing for all the devices available in the target market.
- Being a cloud platform it provides a highly scalable test environment which enables the flexibility of adding and removing devices as per the project requirements.
- Provides codeless automation testing as it is integrated with zero coding platform called Opkey
- Create dozens of different test environments and execute them in parallel to reduce the feedback time.
- Works on mobile devops to provide a streamlined ci/cd pipeline which helps in delivering [email protected] testing.
- Provides integration with various bug reporting tools which provides insightful and automated testing reports.
These are some of the features of pCloudy that build a conducive environment to drive cross browser testing extremely effectively.