The most recent Telegram update specifies the ability to transfer your WhatsApp messages and other services.
Telegram has grown exponentially in recent weeks. The reason, as you probably already know, has to do with the wave of criticism of the new WhatsApp privacy terms. Even though WhatsApp has delayed enforcing the policies and tried to “clarify” the issue.
Now Telegram has further eased the process of transition from WhatsApp by offering a feature to import your WhatsApp messages to the encrypted messaging platform.
Telegram update 7.4 is accompanied by a great novelty — the possibility of transferring your message history from other services. “Transfer your chat history from other apps such as WhatsApp, Line, and KakaoTalk to Telegram,” they mention.
Doing so is very easy, and you just have to follow the following steps:
- Open WhatsApp and enter any chat.
- Once inside, enter the chat settings (pressing the name of the contact or conversation at the top).
- Scroll down and select the “Export chat” option.
- Choose if you want to attach files to the transfer (images, audios, etc.)
- In the next menu, choose the Telegram app icon.
- Telegram will open automatically, and you must select the conversation in which you want to import the messages.
- Accepts the import of messages.
After completing the steps above, you will have completed the import successfully. Obviously, this feature is a heavy blow from Telegram against WhatsApp.