Mobile apps undoubtedly reshaped the way we do business today. Apps are considered as one of the top enablers of every major business you can imagine. Across the globe, users of smartphones are increasing at an unprecedented rate. To take advantage of this fact, and in the efforts to remain relevant, all expansion efforts are geared towards businesses developing their mobile applications.
This is true across different industries. The size of the mobile app market globally is at 106 billion dollars in 2018 and is forecasted to quadruple in 2026. That is a growth of 18.4 percent at CAGR between the years 2019 and 2026. Undeniably, the best way to penetrate the market and catch your targets’ attention is via their mobile phones, tablets, and computers.
These numbers are pandemic-proof. While people are under lockdown, the rate by which they consume data increased due to remote work, the hunger for information, and the lack of better things to do during the rise of the pandemic. With this, more and more households are easily exposed to the possibility of downloading any app.
There are way too many misses during this period of rapid growth – apps that are downloaded only to be deleted a few minutes after. This is why any app developer should be extra mindful about the user experience (UX) as a direct result of their app performance. User experience is directly affected by several factors, but it all boils down to minimizing the possibilities of making the users frustrated.
An app developer should fix all possible bugs to avoid releasing any defective mobile app. Therefore, it is wise to invest in ensuring that the app’s useability and performance are in their top form. Mobile automation testing is one of the best ways to make sure that your mobile app will perform well and ensure that a great UX is delivered.
Definition of Mobile Automation Testing
Before launching any app, it requires a pilot stage wherein all software testing procedures are conducted. The app is subjected to numerous standard tests to ensure that it will run well on its intended device. The complexity of the testing depends highly on the features of the app, but in general, what is covered are the time required to load, overall UX, function-form-useability, security and trustworthiness, accessibility, and compatibility and performance across different operating systems and browsers.
It is more complex than it seems. No matter how well-versed you are in the field of mobile app development, some things can easily be missed. Therefore, availing of test automation services is highly recommended.
Such services ensure that mobile application testing and piloting are completed using a wide range of tools. This is a stress test of sorts to see if the app’s performance is flawless despite varying conditions and data load-up.
The automated nature of testing is helpful because it is pre-programmed to spot bugs that need to be flagged and fixed to avoid major app failures. By subscribing to automated test services, you can be sure that your app is ready to be launched.
Major benefits for your app
Businesses who leverage the use of mobile app testing enjoy the following benefits:
- Better Mobile App Functionality: Automated tests help make sure that all elements introduced to the app are well-planned and have a function to serve.
- Upgraded Mobile App Performance: Calculated stress tests help gauge the application’s capacity to operate, lead time to respond to user inputs, readiness and scalability of the mobile application, and speed and quality of performance when there are varying numbers of users accessing the app.
- Heightened Mobile App Security: Subscribing to automated app testing would ensure that all data being collected are handled with the utmost integrity, and all storage issues are resolved. All activity logs are also well-monitored, and at the same time, tainted inputs are ranked and assessed as per significance.
- Easier Mobile App Usability: At the end of the day, it is the UX that will be the most important factor, arguably. With app usability tests that are done automatically, the mobile app will be tested for user preference benchmarking against current industry standards. By testing for useability, you will also put a tick mark on factors like accessibility and user satisfaction.
- Next-Level Mobile App Accessibility: Speaking of accessibility and user satisfaction, it is now a mandatory factor for all apps to put into consideration the differently-abled users when developing the interface and other features. The advantage of using automated tests is that they have a way to get updated on the current norms, regulations, and standards set.
- Guaranteed compatibility with different mobile browsers, devices, and operating systems: With automated app testing, all possible failure points are explored and all potential bugs are triggered across other platforms. This is to ensure that the app can be used by the widest possible range of users.
Mobile test automation is an effective way for businesses to test for the app’s level of efficiency and ensure that all the possible testing areas are covered. Once these are in place, your business has the necessary safety net to launch the app safely and quickly in the market.