Who doesn’t love to customize their Android smartphone and make it look more beautiful and elegant? Android is a highly flexible and customizable mobile platform and ideas of customization are endless.
One such kind of Android tweak is to install unique launchers on your Android smartphone.
Why did I say unique launchers while there are a wide collection of launcher apps are available for Android. Yes, I know, but most of them have limited customization option and same lookalike designs. And only a few of them provides a better unique look to your Android smartphone.
Personalization category is one of the busy section in Google Play — people are looking for different ways to beautify their smartphone and installing any one of the below mentioned unique launchers for Android is going to help with that problem.
Here we only reviewing free versions of these Android unique launchers — the free version is enough to make your Android looks elegant.
Unique Launchers For Android:
1. Smart Launcher 5
Smart Launcher 5 — truly it is the smartest and best unique Android launcher which will give you a better Android experience. It’s my personal favorite, because of its unique look and categorized app drawer. Smart Launcher is completely customizable thanks to many options. It doesn’t eat your RAM and also saves battery life.
- Apps are automatically sorted into categories, you won’t need to waste time organizing them.
- You can also hide apps from the apps grid and protect them with a password.
- Designed to be used with one hand
- It automatically changes the theme colors to match your wallpaper.
- A super cool unique app icon style is available.
- Hundreds of themes are available to downloads and icon packs are fully supported
2. Action Launcher
Action Launcher brings all the features of Pixel Launcher and Android Pie to your device — looks like stock Android launcher but possess some unique tweaks and features, so you can quickly and easily make your home screen shine.
- All Pixel Launcher features are available.
- Google Now integration for all.
- Quicktheme — colors from your wallpaper are used to automatically customize and theme items on your home screen.
- Quickbar — customize the Google search bar at the top of the screen with shortcuts and apps of your choosing.
- Quickedit — have alternative icon suggestions instantly presented to you, without having to dig through icon packs.
- Covers — an innovative take on traditional folders. Tapping a Cover loads an app, swiping a Cover opens a hidden folder which you have customized.
3. ap15 Launcher
ap15 Launcher — uniqueness made this Android launcher popular. Yes, it looks totally different than other launcher apps. And surprisingly its one of the most lightweight Android launcher too. In ap15 Launcher you can’t see your app icon, also there is no app drawer all you can see some beautiful typographically arranged apps — truly a unique Android customization.
- Automatically sort your apps according to usage.
- All non-favorite apps are still easily accessible without the need to open an app drawer.
- No more looking around for icons for customization.
- Very light, unique, looks fantastic and the best part — it is minimal.
4. Buzz Launcher
Buzz Launcher — one of the complicated yet elegant launchers in Android. Buzz Launcher is one of several awesome launcher apps out there, but it’s distinguished by its versatile functionality. Customize so much more than just your wallpaper or theme.
- Buzz Launcher is an ad-free custom launcher.
- Has more than 1000,000+ free themes (the largest number of free themes among launchers).
- Apply new home screens at a touch of a button, instantly.
- Create your own customized widget using Buzz Custom Widget.
5. Lens Launcher
Lens Launcher — a launcher that unique in its looks and efficient way to browse and launch your apps. This launcher displays all your apps on a single screen — regardless of screen size or app count. Instead of scrolling long lists or swiping through multiple pages, Lens Launcher uses gesture control — Graphical Fisheye Lens to quickly zoom, pan and launch. A unique launcher you should try on your Android smartphone.
- No app drawer, no scrolling, and no multiple pages to swipe into.
- All apps in a single page.
- No messy and confusing settings.
6. C1 Launcher
C1 Launcher is the simplest launcher for Android ever and makes your Android phone smarter. The home screen looks clean, simple and different from rest of the available launchers. I think this is the only launcher which makes easy to search installed apps — I mean you only have to scribble a letter to find what you want.
- Scribble/draw a letter to search contacts and applications.
- Launch Apps, contacts, websites or whatever you want in seconds.
- Lots of backgrounds to customize your experience.
7. Nano Launcher
Nano launcher — maybe one of the litest and smartest launcher in the world. It only 2MB large so it will not occupy too much space on your phone. Nano launcher will bring you’re a totally different experience. One feature really attracted me — Smart reminder — when you use your phone too much, Nano launcher will tell you not to stare at your phone.
- Automatically place the Apps you used most in your desktop and keep them sort by your using habit.
- When you use your phone too much, Nano launcher will tell you not to stare at your phone.
- Double-tap the blank in your desktop to lock your phone’s screen.
- Nano launcher provides a lot of beautiful wallpapers for you to personalize your Android phone.
8. Rovers Floating Launcher
May it looks like a widget but actually Rovers Floating Launcher is one of the best and unique launchers available for Android. The nice thing about this launcher is that you don’t have to get rid of your favorite launcher to use this. Rovers Floating Launcher works on top of your existing launcher and applications. It is also highly customizable.
- Used along with other Android launchers.
- Any time open your favorite apps.
- Voice commands are also available.
9. AIO Launcher
AIO Launcher is not an ordinary Android launcher. It doesn’t have colorful icons, many animation effects and a variety of themes. Instead, AIO Launcher uses a screen space to show you the most important information. A completely unique home screen tweak or your Android.
- The home screen shows System monitor – RAM and NAND usage, the percentage of battery power.
- Several different themes.
- Ability to change the font size and rename the apps.
- Advanced search system for applications, contacts, files and information on the Internet.
Just like Rovers, Floatoo is also a floating launcher for Android — which can be used along with other launchers. Swipe and launch any shortcut from any app/anywhere.
- Material design & fuzzy search.
- Floating widgets.
- Battery Indicator on top of the screen.
- IconPacks support.
11. Kiss Launcher
Kiss Launcher — a lightweight Android launcher allows Android users to save time and battery power. It simplifies the home of their interface, to purify their screens and access the functions they need as quickly and as simply as possible.
- Optimized battery drain.
- Find everything that you need with the smarter search.
- Faster than any Android launcher.
12. Evie Launcher
Evie Launcher makes your Android work efficiently without the need for tons of ridiculous and endless setup options. With low size, Evie Launcher has an elegant interface and an extraordinary processing speed.
- Search inside all of your apps in one place.
- Long press on search results to create custom shortcuts..
- Import and customize the layout, wallpaper, icon size, app icons, icon size, or start from scratch.
- App drawer and folder grid customization.
We only tested a handful of unique launchers for Android. We know there are more in Google play with a lot of tweaks and features. If you know any other unique Android launcher apps please let us know.