Digitalization of sports is an opportunity for clients to improve their performance and become better. Sports mobile app performs an important social role. The right approach to the organization of its work helps to monetize the business application. This way, you can attract new users, retain regular customers, and be useful.
Features of sport apps
Fitness apps differ from each other in features, specialization in sports, activity tracking (constantly or only in training mode), types of monetization, and so on.
Each type of application must perform its task. But regardless of the chosen type of fitness application, they have one thing in common. It is the presence of certain functionality and capabilities. The main goal is to benefit both the client and the owner.
The brilliant idea of a sports app should not stop its development due to a limited budget. Well, we can say that the development of cross-platform development of mobile applications is aimed at this aspect. Speeding up the development process and reducing costs are the two main principles of cross-platform applications. Learn more at velvetech.com/cross-platform-mobile-development.
Sport cross-platform app development
Startups, small and medium-sized enterprises consider cross-platform apps as blessed technology since the target audience uses different platforms. Shorter TTM (time-to-market) and lower development costs are two reasons that contribute to the spread of cross-platform applications worldwide.
Pros of sport cross-platform mobile app development
The cross-platform development environment has the following positive aspects:
- Fewer resources are required to implement an application for multiple platforms at once. This, in fact, is the essence of the cross-platform approach. The same code works on both iOS and Android. You will need fewer programmers to develop the project. The designer makes only one set of graphics. All this reduces the number of working hours and the project budget.
- Based on the first point – the total cost of development is lower than a similar solution with native applications.
- Less development time. Due to the lack of unique interface elements and simpler technologies for developing cross-platform applications, it takes less time to create simple products.
- Simplified product update cycle. If you need to add something to the project or fix a bug, you can do it immediately for all platforms that the project extends to.
- Using a single application logic. The logic embedded in the application is guaranteed to work the same for all platforms. Quite often, this can also be a disadvantage due to the different architecture of operating systems.
Benefits for sports business
In business, the TTM (time-to-market) metric often plays a crucial role. To be ahead and implement new features in your product faster than competitors on both platforms at once – this is what any leading company thinks about from the very beginning. Cross-platform frameworks allow you to achieve this and, as an obvious bonus, get a reduction in development costs at each stage.
Forecast and prospects for the next 5 years
Many sports companies actively develop applications using cross-platform solutions. Because they need to enter the market quickly with their product simultaneously on both mobile development platforms. In 2021, the trend will not change, and more and more companies will use cross-platform mobile applications.
The saved significant part of the initial project budget can be spent on further improvement of the application following user feedback. As a result, cross-platform mobile app development achieves its goals in a balanced way, both in terms of price, time, complexity, and user experience.